[BL] removing Opera 8.54
Terry Maiden
2012-04-26 03:19:54 UTC
I attempted to do this but got frustrated due to the many separate files in many separate directories. I seem to remember there is a was to FORCE the RM command but I decided instead I would just remove the whole implementation of BL and recreate it when I want it again. I have three new versions of Puppy Linux to play with right now anyway, Racy, Wary and Quirky.

Here's a question though. When fooling with a install of Opera 9.64 I noticed there is a directory or file with the name "Works" which makes me wonder if there is a small office suite included in there along with the browser. Anyone know?
sindi keesan
2012-04-26 12:08:15 UTC
Post by Terry Maiden
I attempted to do this but got frustrated due to the many separate files
in many separate directories. I seem to remember there is a was to
FORCE the RM command but I decided instead I would just remove the whole
implementation of BL and recreate it when I want it again. I have three
new versions of Puppy Linux to play with right now anyway, Racy, Wary
and Quirky.
The puppy version pulp uses much less memory (10 MB without running
programs). See archives for a link to it. Most of the programs are gtk1
instead of gtk2. I use it on a laptop with 96MB RAM, with recent Opera.
Post by Terry Maiden
Here's a question though. When fooling with a install of Opera 9.64 I
noticed there is a directory or file with the name "Works" which makes
me wonder if there is a small office suite included in there along with
the browser. Anyone know?
It is a file not a directory.
Try zoho.com for online office suite. Needs broadband.

Sindi
Terry Maiden
2012-04-26 17:03:28 UTC
AT&T has been promising "High Speed" internet for years and years but has not delivered for where I live. The alternative is the cable TV company but their reputation is just awful for TV and everything else. I just have to make do...
Subject: Re: [BL] removing Opera 8.54
Date: Thursday, April 26, 2012, 7:08 AM
sindi keesan
2012-04-26 17:15:02 UTC
Post by Terry Maiden
AT&T has been promising "High Speed" internet for years and years but has not delivered for where I live. The alternative is the cable TV company but their reputation is just awful for TV and everything else. I just have to make do...
Use a text only browser when possible (links or lynx) for better speed.