[BL] ftpd
w***@t-online.de
2013-10-03 13:24:28 UTC
Dear Baslin Fans.
Perhaps someone can help me to setup FTPD on BL3.
I tried ftpd and passwd from BL 1 (inetd, wu.ftpd).
Inetd starts, but ftpd dont, without an errormessage.
/<#>ps
63 root 360 S inetd
FTPclient says:
Could not open host 192.168.2.2: invalid reply from server.
Could not read reply from control connection: Connection refused
So i tried httpd from http://www.ausreg.com/bl/bl3/
/<#>/usr/sbin/pure-ftpd
-sh: /usr/sbin/pure-ftpd: not found
/<#>ls -l /usr/sbin/pure-ftpd
-rwxrwxrwx 1 root 0 67888 Jul 5 2003 /usr/sbin/pure-ftpd
I think some files are missing.
Can someone help me please?
Werner
sindi keesan
2013-10-04 12:07:03 UTC
To search the mail list archive for this topic, go to the basiclinux 3
home page, support, and click on 'here' and change xxx to ftpd and search.

The first hit was my request for help with ftpd. It looks like I got
pure-ftpd working without a conf file, and was able to log in using my
regular login and password (probably root and Enter key). You could also
try the man pages for ftpd and pure-ftpd.

I was hoping Steven D. would reply. BL is pretty moribund. Nobody ever
got around to compiling a working 2.6 kernel and therefore no javascript
browser newer than Opera 10 will work with it. I still use BL2 for email
- boots in 20 sec instead of 1 min.

Sindi
Werner
w***@t-online.de
2013-10-06 12:12:55 UTC
Hi.
Thank you for your help. I got ftpd running, but ...
I have a computer with much space and puppy-linux,
and an old pentium 1 with plain dos and baslin that needs an backup.
The idea was, to run ftpd on the pentium and using wget --mirror in puppy.
Somehow puppy wget and ftp are not able to do 'ls' on old ftpd;
not in dos and not in baslin. So i found an other solution.
ls -1 -r > /DOS/dosfiles.lst makes a list and in dos a basic programm
makes c:\index.htm out of that. In BL i went to /DOS and started httpd.
wget on puppy worked now and it took 8 minutes to transfer my 1.2 Gb.
Good luck for the kernel compilation.
Werner
sindi keesan
2013-10-06 13:59:32 UTC
Congratulations on making things work.

I also use puppy now, for browsing, a low-RAM version called pulp (uses
about 10MB memory including X), with updated glibc from debian. It is too
automated for my taste.

Sindi