[BL] Wireless-tools and the lot
Mouse
2012-02-14 19:21:27 UTC
Greetings all,

Thanks for BasicLinux, it runs very well on my 16mb 120mhz Libretto
70. A few questions, please.

One - Where is the 'wireless-tools' package? iwconfig, iwlist, etc. I
see only one reference to the software, packaged as "wireless.tgz" and
at http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/add-ons/wireless.tgz but the link is
404'ed and even web.archive.org doesn't have it archived.

Two - is there a development environment for BasicLinux? I am well
versed enough to find my own sources and compile 2.2.26, libc5, gcc et
al, but I'd really prefer not to, as someone's obviously done that
already. If it's lost to time, however, I'll be forced to do it (and
contribute it back). I must make this machine useful! It's too cute
not to! But it's like a corded elephant, if I can't get wireless
working.

Thanks! :)
-mouse
sindi keesan
2012-02-14 21:08:04 UTC
Slackware 4.0 packages.
For wireless pcmcia use airo or wvlan with 2.2.26 kernel.
Search the archives.
-mouse
l***@dea.spamcon.org
2012-02-14 20:04:25 UTC
Post by Mouse
One - Where is the 'wireless-tools' package?
http://www.basiclinux.com.ru/add-ons/wireless.tgz
but the link is 404'ed and even web.archive.org
doesn't have it archived.
Sorry about that. There was some reorganisation
at basiclinux.com.ru and wireless.tgz slipped
between the cracks. The package is quite small
(22kb). I would be happy to email it to you if
you still want it.
Post by Mouse
Two - is there a development environment for
BasicLinux? I am well versed enough to find
my own sources and compile 2.2.26, libc5, gcc
et al, but I'd really prefer not to
I've been using the development tools from
Slackware 4.0 (in the /slakware/d1 directory)
with the 2.2.26 sourcecode (www.kernel.org).

Cheers,
Steven